She's actually 11 months in about 2 weeks. So this is a tardy update. Oh well. The biggest thing that has happened to Esther recently is that she's fallen sick! This was her first major illness--previously, I recall her having a runny nose, and goobers coming out of her nose and even eyes, but that was just random and it resolved itself quickly. There was also one time she had a high fever of 39 degrees, but we just gave panadol and it disappeared overnight.
BUT THIS TIME, it was sort of a two-pronged illness. Last week, she had a high fever of 39 degrees. As usual, we gave panadol and ibuprofen and the next day, it was over. She then developed a runny nose and cough that lasted a week, but I didn't really worry since the fever was gone. However, I did notice her appetite dipping and she was more and more fussy--something I'm not used to, since my boys often run fevers and are still running around the house, happy as larks. Eventually, she got better and was almost well when suddenly, her fever spiked again--7 days after the first one! This time, it went from 39 to 40 degrees, lasting over two days--very irregular for my kids! We rushed to Thomson Medical & got a suppository and blood test. That was when the doctor confirmed that it was a bacterial infection, requiring anti-biotics!!
So there we have it. Esther started anti-biotics a few days ago, and was almost immediately back to her normal cheery self. Amazing! Her runny nose and cough is now virtually gone and she was such an angel today! The doctor said the bacteria is infectious, but so far, the boys seem ok as I've been plying them with Sambucol three times a day!
All in all, because of the hoo-ha over Esther's illness, we haven't done much activities this whole week. Still, it's been a good time of staying at home, playing the piano, watching videos, dipping into the pool downstairs, and of course, doing Lego projects!
Here's more updates on Esther:
1. She can say "da da" and uses it when she sees Husband. She still only says "ma ma" when she's hungry and it sounds more like "mum mum". Grr...
2. She's crawling, cruising like nobody's business. Some time last week, she even stood by herself for almost 10 seconds! But then she cried, as if in fear and dropped to her bum-bum.
3. She has tried toast, cheese, kiwi, banana, grapes, craisins, fish, chicken, pork. She really likes cheese!!
4. She is the only child I have that actually enjoys sitting & playing in her playpen. The other two boys could never do that!
5. She no longer cries when she sees strangers. Yahoo!