This is why we love living where we do.
Posted by spots (Singapore, Singapore) on 10 July 2009 in Cityscape & Urban and Portfolio.
Well, one reason. Certainly not the only reason.
Here are 10 others:
1. We can (and do) jog to City Hall, Sentosa, and Boat Quay!
2. We can stroll to Chinatown for "festive" and "chee-na" atmosphere.
3. There's always a new bakery or cafe opening up nearby--most recently, Icon Bakery which sells organic baked goods; and The Hidden Host, a caterer turned restaurant, whose premises (mysteriously) are patronised by lots and lots of ang-mos. No locals in sight! We shall be the first ha!
4. 5 mins by car to library, 5 mins by car to Tiong Baru Park, 5 mins by car to Vivo/Sentosa, 5 mins by car to Botanics, 5 mins by car to Delta Swimming Complex! What more can a kid need in life? Oh ya, 3 playgrounds within walking distance.
5. The wholesale wine shop that opened up nearby. I don't drink, but Husband does. And moreover, they sell truffle oil on discount! Fwah!
6. Ice Cream Heaven within walking distance.
7. The beautiful old trees that line the road leading to our house. I really do love them. And one, recently, has been designated a Heritage Tree. :)
8. So what if our HDB flat is old? What is up with this obsession with new property? It may be old, but it's big. We've gone from 2 adults, to 2 adults+2 kids+1 helper and it still doesn't feel too crowded!
9. The friendly neighbours who seem to have lived here forever. Some have proudly told me they have been here 11 years, 20 years.
10. The train station--the kids love just watching the trains go!
Fujifilm FinePix F40fd